- Top 10 Lake Norman Golf Course HomesPosted 5 months ago
- IMMACULATE WATERFRONT HOME IN SAILVIEWPosted 3 years ago
- Lake Norman’s December NewsletterPosted 3 years ago
- 1.09 ACRE WOODED LOT IN DAVIDSON, NCPosted 3 years ago
- Lake Norman Waterfront Lot with Dock – Almost 4 Acres in Sherrills FordPosted 3 years ago
- Lake Norman Lot Under $50,000 No HOAPosted 3 years ago
- Wooded 1.6 Acres Lot with Lake Access $46,900 Offered Below Tax ValuePosted 3 years ago
- Lake Norman Waterfront Log Home For Sale in Terrell, NCPosted 3 years ago
- Langtree at the Lake Updates: Restaurants and Retail Stores AnnouncedPosted 4 years ago
- Lake Norman Waterfront Homes For Sale – Lake views from almost every room!Posted 4 years ago
Things Looking Great for Charlotte/Lake Norman Home Sales
Comments by Pam Dunlap, Realtor/Broker at Lake Realty Cornelus – Lake Norman NC.
An article just published in the Lake Norman Citizen confirmed what we Real Estate Agents have been sensing for several months: home sales are on the rise and inventory, especially of waterfront properties, are declining.
Carolina Multiple Listing Services (Carolina MLS) just released its report for home sales in the Charlotte area. They reported that closings are up 40% compared to January 2012. That translates into 622 more closings. They also reported that listings of homes for sale have dropped a little over one percent , while noting homes that were marketed saw an average listing price rising by over two and a half percent.
CMLS president Eric Locher said, “With inventory decreasing and new listings down, we are seeing continued upward pressure on prices.” Culling out sales for the Lake Norman area, which is Area 13, home sales jumped nearly 52% with a median sales price increase of 6.6%. The report went on to relate that Area 13s supply of inventory is experiencing a 42% decline from last January.
There are still plenty of homes here for you to look at, but with interest rates remaining at all-time-lows and more and more people realizing what a jewel the Charlotte/Lake Norman area is, there’s no time like the present to come and see your yourself. Let me know how I can help you by giving me a call (980-225-4710) or emailing me at email@example.com.